tisdag 15 december 2009

Dolph Lundgren: Stallone Gave Me Hell!




For the first time since Rocky IV, Stockholm native Dolph Lundgren will be co-starring with Sylvester Stallone in The Expendables.

Lundgren is excited about the project: "In this Stallone film there's a little more comedy. Stallone decided he was going to draw out my charm, as he says, so he gave me a hell of a time! I actually thought about quitting for a while there. When he was giving me a hard time I'd think, 'if he screams one more time, I'm going to punch him and quit!' But now I think this comedy thing is a lot fun. That's a bit unexpected."

In a recent interview Lundgren, a former European Heavyweight Karate Champion, didn't doesn't mince words about the fighting skills of Hollywood action heroes like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mickey Rourke, Steven Seagal and Jean Claude van Damme.

Arnold Schwarzenegger:
"He has a bunch of bodyguards now so he's hard to reach. But I could've taken him. These guys are no fighters. I know Arnold a little bit, I met him when I was together with Grace Jones, before I got in to the film business."

Mickey Rourke:
"He's kind of a little bit cool. He was a fighter for a while so at least he was actually in the ring. I used to party with him in the 80s. We owned a club together in Hollywood with some other guys at that time, Black and Blue."

Steven Seagal:
"I think when he was younger he was dangerous. But now he's put on too much weight unfortunately, and that's not good if you're going to fight. He needs to lose some weight. I hope he doesn't read this, haha!"

Jean Claude van Damme:
"He'll probably have to quit with the late nights if he's going to have a chance. He's actually...No, I won't say anything mean."

Lundgren also reminisced about his ex-girlfriend Grace Jones:

"I haven't seen her in five years. The last time was in Cannes. We were together for four years. I was here toyboy back then. Then, unfortunately, I got in to films and got more stuff than she did, that's why it didn't work. But she's still going strong, I hear. Her music is incredibly modern, the old music is fantastic actually. She was very much ahead of her time."

Look for Dolph Lundgren on your screen next year when he co-hosts Sweden's 2010 Melodiefestivalen on SVT!

Source, Screencapture from svt.se, photo by Carl Johan Söder/SVT

0 kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

 
Viva! Stockholm. Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted by Anshul Copyright 2009 Viva! Stockholm. All Rights Reserved. Send suggestions and tips to vivasthlm [at] gmail.com